Comes Back Every Year
Nice to meet you, my name is Yellow Ribbon Arborvitae! I am best known for my compact and upright growing dense foliage which emerges orange before shifting to a bright green over the summer. In the fall, my foliage shifts from a bright green to a deep harvest gold, making me a great choice to help transition your garden's colors from summer to fall. I am low maintenance, only requiring pruning to trim back new growth of the current season or to remove any dieback. I am quite adaptable, and will thrive in any type of soil or pH, and tolerate some urban pollution. I am happiest, healthiest and most beautiful when I am given lots of sun to soak up throughout the day, and am planted in moist soil in a relatively sheltered location to protect me from drying winds.
Yellow Ribbon Cedar
Trusted by Thousands
of Happy Customers
Fast & Free Shipping
on all Orders
Happy Plants, Happy Garden.
Thuja occidentalis 'Yellow Ribbon'
Yellow Ribbon Cedar
Full Sun (6+ Hours)
Late Winter/Early Spring
Approx. 1-2 times per week
- Yellow Ribbon Cedar is a slow-growing evergreen shrub with striking golden-yellow foliage, making it a standout in any landscape.
- This cedar is highly adaptable and can thrive in a variety of soil types and growing conditions, making it a low-maintenance addition to any garden.
- It has a narrow, columnar shape, making it an excellent choice for creating vertical interest and providing privacy in tight spaces.
- Watering: Water deeply and thoroughly once a week during the growing season. Make sure the soil is well-drained and doesn't stay soggy, as this can lead to root rot.
- Maintenance: Yellow Ribbon Cedar is a low-maintenance plant. Remove any dead or damaged branches as needed.
- Pruning: Prune in late winter or early spring before new growth appears to shape the plant, if necessary.
- (Optional):Fertilizer: Yellow Ribbon Cedar does not typically require fertilization, but you can apply a slow-release, balanced fertilizer in early spring if desired.
Planting a trees or plants is easy! First, begin by digging a hole that's twice as wide as the root ball and just as deep. Place the tree or plant in the hole and add some bonemeal fertilizer. Backfill with fresh soil if needed and water thoroughly. Water regularly until roots are established to keep the plant healthy. Enjoy your new tree or plant!
- Great news! We offer FREE delivery on ALL orders with no minimum order value! 🎉🚛
- If you've pre-ordered plants or trees, don't worry! We'll send it as soon as all the items are ready to ship. If you prefer to have items arrive seprately when they are ready to be delivered, just give our team a shout and we'll send it as soon as they become available. 📦💨
- We only sell pre-order products when they're at their absolute best, so you can be sure your new plants will arrive in perfect condition! 🌿👌
- If you're in Ontario, your order will be at your doorstep in just 2-4 business days! If you're in Quebec, expect your order in 3-5 business days. For the rest of Canada, it'll take just a bit longer, with delivery times ranging from 4-8 business days. 🚚🌎
- Questions? Concerns? Don't hesitate to reach out! Our friendly team is always here to help! 😊💬
We offer installation services in the GTA and surrounding areas! Let us take care of installing your new product so you can sit back and relax. Contact us today to learn more about our installation options.
“I was blown away by how quickly my plants arrived - just three days from the time I placed my order.”
“So happy to see that the plants were in perfect condition. I'm very impressed with the quality”
"Excellent customer service - friendly and responsive. Highly recommend!"
Happy plants, happy a
aaaaaa plants, happy garden. Guaranteed.
Worry-free gardening. Our plants thrive or we'll replace them
- Choosing a selection results in a full page refresh.
- Opens in a new window.