Comes Back Every Year
Hi! I am a Purple Coneflower, and I am best known for my rapid growth speed, sweet smelling flowers and striking purple color - I am the perfect plant to add some quick color to your yard, and brighten up any garden. Not only am I beautiful and sweet smelling, I stay in bloom until the mid fall, adding a unique splash of color to an autumn garden. I am low maintenance and extremely easy to grow in any soil, drought tolerant, and only require a bit of spring clean up before I resume my growing season in the summer. I am happiest, healthiest and most beautiful when I am planted with lots of my friends in groupings, and given lots of sun to bathe in all day.
Trusted by Thousands
of Happy Customers
Fast & Free Shipping
on all Orders
Happy Plants, Happy Garden.
Echinacea purpurea 'Magnus'
Full Sun (6+ hours)
1-2 times per week
- Bright and vibrant large orange to red coneflowers that attract pollinators like bees, butterflies, and birds.
- Easy to grow and low maintenance, it is ideal for gardens, borders, and mass plantings.
- Drought and heat tolerant, and can withstand a wide range of soil conditions, as long as it is well-drained.
- Watering: During the growing season, it is best to water the plant regularly, making sure that the soil stays moist but not waterlogged. A good rule of thumb is to water about once a week, or as needed based on the soil moisture level.
- Maintenance: Deadhead spent flowers regularly to promote continued blooming and to prevent self-seeding. Divide the clumps in spring or fall every few years to maintain their vigor.
- Pruning: Prune back the stems of the coneflower to about 1 to 2 inches from the ground in late winter or early spring. This will promote bushier growth and encourage more flowers.
- (Optional) Fertilizing: Fertilize the coneflower in spring with a balanced, slow-release fertilizer, following the label instructions.
“I was blown away by how quickly my plants arrived - just three days from the time I placed my order.”
“So happy to see that the plants were in perfect condition. I'm very impressed with the quality”
"Excellent customer service - friendly and responsive. Highly recommend!"
Happy plants, happy a
aaaaaa plants, happy garden. Guaranteed.
Worry-free gardening. Our plants thrive or we'll replace them
- Choosing a selection results in a full page refresh.
- Opens in a new window.