Comes Back Every Year
Nice to meet you! My name is Frances Williams Hosta, and you can best spot me by my enormous, heart shaped blue-ish green leaves which have a distinct chartreuse color around their edges. I also have dainty white bell-shaped flowers which rise above my foliage in the summer and are excellent for cutting, adding an elegant detail to any flower arrangement. Not only are my leaves distinct in color, my texture is very coarse, making me a great choice as a focal point to stand out against other greenery in your garden. I am low maintenance, thrive in all soil types and only require a bit of spring clean up before I resume my growing season in the summer. One thing to note about me is that like my name suggests, insects and snails find me tasty, and may chew through my beautiful leaves. Misting my leaves with a bug repellent such as citronella or tea tree oil does a great job at keeping me safe from these garden pests! I am happiest, healthiest, and most beautiful when I am able to enjoy the cool shade and my soil is kept moist.
Hosta Frances Williams
Trusted by Thousands
of Happy Customers
Fast & Free Shipping
on all Orders
Happy Plants, Happy Garden.
Hosta sieboldiana 'Frances Williams'
Frances Williams Plantain Lily
Part Sun/Shade (Less than 6 hours)
Approx. 1-2 times per week
- Variegated leaves with a striking green and yellow contrast, adding interest to any garden or landscape.
- Large, showy leaves and tall flower scapes make it a statement plant in any planting bed.
- Tolerant of shade and can be planted in areas with dappled sunlight, making it a versatile and easy-to-grow addition to any garden
- Watering: Water the Frances Williams Plantain Lily once a week or when the soil feels dry to the touch.
- Maintenance: Remove dead or yellow leaves to promote healthy growth. Divide the plant every 3-4 years to prevent overcrowding and promote healthy growth.
- Pruning: In early spring, remove any damaged or dead foliage.
- (Optional):Fertilize using a balanced slow-release fertilizer in the early spring before new growth appears.
Planting a trees or plants is easy! First, begin by digging a hole that's twice as wide as the root ball and just as deep. Place the tree or plant in the hole and add some bonemeal fertilizer. Backfill with fresh soil if needed and water thoroughly. Water regularly until roots are established to keep the plant healthy. Enjoy your new tree or plant!
- Great news! We offer FREE delivery on ALL orders with no minimum order value! 🎉🚛
- If you've pre-ordered plants or trees, don't worry! We'll send it as soon as all the items are ready to ship. If you prefer to have items arrive seprately when they are ready to be delivered, just give our team a shout and we'll send it as soon as they become available. 📦💨
- We only sell pre-order products when they're at their absolute best, so you can be sure your new plants will arrive in perfect condition! 🌿👌
- If you're in Ontario, your order will be at your doorstep in just 2-4 business days! If you're in Quebec, expect your order in 3-5 business days. For the rest of Canada, it'll take just a bit longer, with delivery times ranging from 4-8 business days. 🚚🌎
- Questions? Concerns? Don't hesitate to reach out! Our friendly team is always here to help! 😊💬
We offer installation services in the GTA and surrounding areas! Let us take care of installing your new product so you can sit back and relax. Contact us today to learn more about our installation options.
“I was blown away by how quickly my plants arrived - just three days from the time I placed my order.”
“So happy to see that the plants were in perfect condition. I'm very impressed with the quality”
"Excellent customer service - friendly and responsive. Highly recommend!"
Happy plants, happy a
aaaaaa plants, happy garden. Guaranteed.
Worry-free gardening. Our plants thrive or we'll replace them
- Choosing a selection results in a full page refresh.
- Opens in a new window.