Comes Back Every Year
Hi! I am an Emerald Blue Moss Phlox. I am best known for my stunning star shaped lavender flowers, and my needle-like emerald foliage that retains its color all year round. My name Blue Moss suits me very well, as my bright blue blooming ground cover does an excellent job of spreading across empty areas of the garden, resembling the dense coverage of moss. I have a few special requests to make sure I am happy and healthy - I like my soil to be very well drained, I prefer alkaline soils, and you'll want to keep an eye on me to make sure I am not wandering into different parts of your garden (I like to spread out and explore - but regular pruning will keep me in check!) My perfect home has some sun for me to bask in throughout the day, and since I am so tolerant of pollution, I love to be planted in the city!
Emerald Blue Creeping Phlox
Trusted by Thousands
of Happy Customers
Fast & Free Shipping
on all Orders
Happy Plants, Happy Garden.
Phlox subulata 'Emerald Blue'
Emerald Blue Creeping Phlox
Full Sun (6+ Hours)
Approx. 1-2 times per week
- Low-maintenance groundcover plant with a spreading habit that forms a dense mat of evergreen foliage.
- Vibrant, deep blue flowers with a star shape bloom in early spring, creating a stunning carpet of colour.
- Attracts pollinators such as butterflies and bees to the garden, while also repelling deer and rabbits. Great for rock gardens, slopes, or as an edging plant.
- Watering: Water deeply once a week, especially during dry spells
- Maintenance: Remove any dead or damaged foliage and flowers regularly
- Pruning: In season pruning: Pinch off spent blooms to encourage more flowers and promote bushier growth. End of season pruning: Trim back any dead or diseased foliage and remove any dead stems
- (Optional):Fertilize using a balanced fertilizer in early spring before new growth appears. Avoid fertilizing during the summer months to prevent burning the plant
Planting a trees or plants is easy! First, begin by digging a hole that's twice as wide as the root ball and just as deep. Place the tree or plant in the hole and add some bonemeal fertilizer. Backfill with fresh soil if needed and water thoroughly. Water regularly until roots are established to keep the plant healthy. Enjoy your new tree or plant!
- Great news! We offer FREE delivery on ALL orders with no minimum order value! 🎉🚛
- If you've pre-ordered plants or trees, don't worry! We'll send it as soon as all the items are ready to ship. If you prefer to have items arrive seprately when they are ready to be delivered, just give our team a shout and we'll send it as soon as they become available. 📦💨
- We only sell pre-order products when they're at their absolute best, so you can be sure your new plants will arrive in perfect condition! 🌿👌
- If you're in Ontario, your order will be at your doorstep in just 2-4 business days! If you're in Quebec, expect your order in 3-5 business days. For the rest of Canada, it'll take just a bit longer, with delivery times ranging from 4-8 business days. 🚚🌎
- Questions? Concerns? Don't hesitate to reach out! Our friendly team is always here to help! 😊💬
We offer installation services in the GTA and surrounding areas! Let us take care of installing your new product so you can sit back and relax. Contact us today to learn more about our installation options.
“I was blown away by how quickly my plants arrived - just three days from the time I placed my order.”
“So happy to see that the plants were in perfect condition. I'm very impressed with the quality”
"Excellent customer service - friendly and responsive. Highly recommend!"
Happy plants, happy a
aaaaaa plants, happy garden. Guaranteed.
Worry-free gardening. Our plants thrive or we'll replace them
- Choosing a selection results in a full page refresh.
- Opens in a new window.