Comes Back Every Year
Nice to meet you, I'm Christmas Fern! Even though my name makes me sound like I am only around for the holidays, I am actually best known for my compound forest green foliage which keeps its colour all year round! I am also known for being very thirsty - I grow best in moist to wet soil - I will even tolerate some standing water! I am very low maintenance when it comes to upkeep and pruning, but I can be fussy about soil and prefer rich, acidic soils. Since I am common in a forest or woodland setting, I will feel happiest and most at in a shady and moist area of your garden.
Trusted by Thousands
of Happy Customers
Fast & Free Shipping
on all Orders
Happy Plants, Happy Garden.
Part Sun/Shade (Less than 6 hours)
Late Fall/Early Spring
Approx. 1-2 times per week
- Evergreen: Christmas Fern is an evergreen fern that retains its green foliage year-round, making it an excellent option for adding greenery to your garden or landscape, even in winter.
- Low Maintenance: Christmas Fern is a relatively low maintenance plant that requires minimal pruning and watering once established. It is also relatively pest and disease-resistant, making it an easy-to-care-for option for gardeners who want an attractive and low-maintenance plant.
- Shade Tolerance: Christmas Fern is a shade-loving plant that can thrive in areas with little to no direct sunlight, making it an excellent option for adding greenery to shady areas of your garden or landscape.
- Watering: Water the plant regularly, especially during the first growing season. Once established, the plant is drought-tolerant and can tolerate short periods of dryness.
- Maintenance: It prefers well-draining soil that is rich in organic matter.
- Pruning:In late winter or early spring, before new growth appears, prune away any old or damaged fronds. Cut the fronds back to the base of the plant, leaving a few inches of the frond stem.
- (Optional):Fertilizer is not typically necessary for Christmas fern. If desired, you can apply a balanced, slow-release fertilizer in the spring, before new growth appears.
Planting a trees or plants is easy! First, begin by digging a hole that's twice as wide as the root ball and just as deep. Place the tree or plant in the hole and add some bonemeal fertilizer. Backfill with fresh soil if needed and water thoroughly. Water regularly until roots are established to keep the plant healthy. Enjoy your new tree or plant!
- Great news! We offer FREE delivery on ALL orders with no minimum order value! 🎉🚛
- If you've pre-ordered plants or trees, don't worry! We'll send it as soon as all the items are ready to ship. If you prefer to have items arrive seprately when they are ready to be delivered, just give our team a shout and we'll send it as soon as they become available. 📦💨
- We only sell pre-order products when they're at their absolute best, so you can be sure your new plants will arrive in perfect condition! 🌿👌
- If you're in Ontario, your order will be at your doorstep in just 2-4 business days! If you're in Quebec, expect your order in 3-5 business days. For the rest of Canada, it'll take just a bit longer, with delivery times ranging from 4-8 business days. 🚚🌎
- Questions? Concerns? Don't hesitate to reach out! Our friendly team is always here to help! 😊💬
We offer installation services in the GTA and surrounding areas! Let us take care of installing your new product so you can sit back and relax. Contact us today to learn more about our installation options.
“I was blown away by how quickly my plants arrived - just three days from the time I placed my order.”
“So happy to see that the plants were in perfect condition. I'm very impressed with the quality”
"Excellent customer service - friendly and responsive. Highly recommend!"
Happy plants, happy a
aaaaaa plants, happy garden. Guaranteed.
Worry-free gardening. Our plants thrive or we'll replace them
- Choosing a selection results in a full page refresh.
- Opens in a new window.