Comes Back Every Year
Hello, my name is Cherry Explosion Hydrangea! Like my name suggests, I am best known for my explosions of abundant red flowers, which bloom in a circle surrounding dainty star shaped flower centers. While I thrive in any soil, acidic soil will have the effect of my flowers blooming lavender instead of red. Not only are my summer colors vibrant and abundant, my foliage shifts to a deep burgundy as the cool weather approaches - making me the perfect for transitioning your garden from summer to fall. I am low maintenance, and don't require pruning other than to remove spent flowers in the spring. I am happiest, healthiest and most beautiful when I am given lots of sun and my soil is kept moist!
Cherry Explosion Hydrangea
Trusted by Thousands
of Happy Customers
Fast & Free Shipping
on all Orders
Happy Plants, Happy Garden.
Hydrangea macrophylla 'McKay' Cherry Explosion
Cherry Explosion Hydrangea
Partial Sun (4-6 hours)
Late Winter/Early Spring
Approx. 1-2 times per week
- Large, eye-catching blooms in vibrant shades of pink and red
- Compact growth habit, making it perfect for smaller gardens or container planting
- Blooms on new wood, ensuring reliable flowering every year
- Watering: Hydrangeas don't like to dry out, so be sure to water deeply during dry spells. Water once or twice a week
- Maintenance: Remove any dead or damaged branches in early spring. Deadhead spent blooms regularly to promote new growth. If you want to change the coluor of your hydrangea's blooms, you can do so by adjusting the soil pH. For pink flowers, keep the soil pH around 6.0-6.5. For blue flowers, keep the soil pH around 5.0-5.5.
- Pruning: In late fall, after the plant has gone dormant, you can remove any dead or damaged branches.
- (Optional):Fertilizer: Apply a balanced, slow-release fertilizer in early spring, just as new growth is starting to emerge. You can also apply a fertilizer specifically formulated for acid-loving plants to help promote bloom production.
Planting a trees or plants is easy! First, begin by digging a hole that's twice as wide as the root ball and just as deep. Place the tree or plant in the hole and add some bonemeal fertilizer. Backfill with fresh soil if needed and water thoroughly. Water regularly until roots are established to keep the plant healthy. Enjoy your new tree or plant!
- Great news! We offer FREE delivery on ALL orders with no minimum order value! 🎉🚛
- If you've pre-ordered plants or trees, don't worry! We'll send it as soon as all the items are ready to ship. If you prefer to have items arrive seprately when they are ready to be delivered, just give our team a shout and we'll send it as soon as they become available. 📦💨
- We only sell pre-order products when they're at their absolute best, so you can be sure your new plants will arrive in perfect condition! 🌿👌
- If you're in Ontario, your order will be at your doorstep in just 2-4 business days! If you're in Quebec, expect your order in 3-5 business days. For the rest of Canada, it'll take just a bit longer, with delivery times ranging from 4-8 business days. 🚚🌎
- Questions? Concerns? Don't hesitate to reach out! Our friendly team is always here to help! 😊💬
We offer installation services in the GTA and surrounding areas! Let us take care of installing your new product so you can sit back and relax. Contact us today to learn more about our installation options.
“I was blown away by how quickly my plants arrived - just three days from the time I placed my order.”
“So happy to see that the plants were in perfect condition. I'm very impressed with the quality”
"Excellent customer service - friendly and responsive. Highly recommend!"
Happy plants, happy a
aaaaaa plants, happy garden. Guaranteed.
Worry-free gardening. Our plants thrive or we'll replace them
- Choosing a selection results in a full page refresh.
- Opens in a new window.