Comes Back Every Year
Hello! I am a Red Baron Flowering Crab, best known for my abundance of deep red springtime flowers, and my showy dark red crab fruits which I carry from early to late fall. Not only are my blooms and fruit highly ornamental, my foliage puts on a show as well by shifting from coppery-bronze to a rich green in the springtime. I am a high maintenance tree that will require regular care and upkeep to keep me beautiful, and I prefer to be pruned in the late winter once the threat of extreme cold has passed. I will thrive in any soil type or pH, and since I am so tolerant of urban pollution, you can plant me right in the city! I am happiest, healthiest and most beautiful when I am grown in full sunlight and my soil is kept moist!
Red Baron Crabapple
Trusted by Thousands
of Happy Customers
Fast & Free Shipping
on all Orders
Happy Plants, Happy Garden.
Malus 'Red Baron'
Red Baron Crabapple
Full Sun (6+ Hours)
Late Winter/Early Spring
Approx. 1-2 times per week
- Abundant, showy, dark pink to red flowers bloom in spring, adding a stunning display of colour to your landscape.
- Small, edible fruits appear in the fall, attracting wildlife like birds and squirrels to your garden.
- Disease-resistant and hardy, this tree is easy to care for and can tolerate a range of soil types and growing conditions, making it a great choice for most gardens.
- Watering: Water newly planted trees deeply once a week during the first growing season.
- Maintenance: Regularly check for pests and diseases.
- Pruning: Prune in late fall after the leaves have dropped. Remove any dead or diseased branches and shape the tree as desired.
- (Optional):Fertilize using a balanced fertilizer in early spring before new growth begins. Avoid over-fertilizing, as this can lead to excessive growth and reduced fruit production.
Planting a trees or plants is easy! First, begin by digging a hole that's twice as wide as the root ball and just as deep. Place the tree or plant in the hole and add some bonemeal fertilizer. Backfill with fresh soil if needed and water thoroughly. Water regularly until roots are established to keep the plant healthy. Enjoy your new tree or plant!
- Great news! We offer FREE delivery on ALL orders with no minimum order value! 🎉🚛
- If you've pre-ordered plants or trees, don't worry! We'll send it as soon as all the items are ready to ship. If you prefer to have items arrive seprately when they are ready to be delivered, just give our team a shout and we'll send it as soon as they become available. 📦💨
- We only sell pre-order products when they're at their absolute best, so you can be sure your new plants will arrive in perfect condition! 🌿👌
- If you're in Ontario, your order will be at your doorstep in just 2-4 business days! If you're in Quebec, expect your order in 3-5 business days. For the rest of Canada, it'll take just a bit longer, with delivery times ranging from 4-8 business days. 🚚🌎
- Questions? Concerns? Don't hesitate to reach out! Our friendly team is always here to help! 😊💬
We offer installation services in the GTA and surrounding areas! Let us take care of installing your new product so you can sit back and relax. Contact us today to learn more about our installation options.
“I was blown away by how quickly my plants arrived - just three days from the time I placed my order.”
“So happy to see that the plants were in perfect condition. I'm very impressed with the quality”
"Excellent customer service - friendly and responsive. Highly recommend!"
Happy plants, happy a
aaaaaa plants, happy garden. Guaranteed.
Worry-free gardening. Our plants thrive or we'll replace them
- Choosing a selection results in a full page refresh.
- Opens in a new window.