Comes Back Every Year
Lovely to meet you, my name is Prairifire Flowering Crab. I am a striking and eccentric addition to any garden, best known for sprouting rich red flowers and tiny purple fruit in abundance along my upright, spreading branches. In the spring I bloom clusters of fragrant deep pink flowers, before sprouting deep burgundy foliage that shifts to a deep green before finally maturing to a golden yellow in the fall. I require occasional maintenance to make sure I am looking my best, and I recommend pruning me in the late winter once the threat of extreme cold has passed. I am highly adaptable when it comes to soil preference and I am very tolerant of urban pollution - you can plant me right in the city! I am happiest, healthiest and most beautiful when I am grown in full sunlight, in average to moist soil that doesn't dry out.
Prairie Fire Crabapple
Trusted by Thousands
of Happy Customers
Fast & Free Shipping
on all Orders
Happy Plants, Happy Garden.
Malus 'Prairie Fire'
Prairie Fire Crabapple
Full Sun (6+ Hours)
Late Winter/Early Spring
Approx. 1-2 times per week
- A beautiful, small tree that produces stunning pinkish-red blossoms in spring, adding a burst of colour to your garden.
- The dark green foliage turns to an attractive reddish-purple in fall, providing a stunning display of colour as the season changes.
- This tree is relatively low maintenance, making it a great choice for beginner gardeners or those looking for a beautiful, low-effort addition to their yard. It's also disease-resistant, making it a hardy choice for a variety of climates.
- Watering: Water regularly during the first growing season to help establish the roots. Water deeply once or twice a week during hot and dry weather.
- Maintenance: Monitor for pests and diseases, such as apple scab or cedar-apple rust, and take appropriate measures to control them.
- Pruning: Prune in late winter or early spring before new growth begins. Remove any crossing or rubbing branches, and thin out overcrowded branches to improve air circulation.
- (Optional):Fertilize using a balanced fertilizer in early spring before new growth begins.
Planting a trees or plants is easy! First, begin by digging a hole that's twice as wide as the root ball and just as deep. Place the tree or plant in the hole and add some bonemeal fertilizer. Backfill with fresh soil if needed and water thoroughly. Water regularly until roots are established to keep the plant healthy. Enjoy your new tree or plant!
- Great news! We offer FREE delivery on ALL orders with no minimum order value! 🎉🚛
- If you've pre-ordered plants or trees, don't worry! We'll send it as soon as all the items are ready to ship. If you prefer to have items arrive seprately when they are ready to be delivered, just give our team a shout and we'll send it as soon as they become available. 📦💨
- We only sell pre-order products when they're at their absolute best, so you can be sure your new plants will arrive in perfect condition! 🌿👌
- If you're in Ontario, your order will be at your doorstep in just 2-4 business days! If you're in Quebec, expect your order in 3-5 business days. For the rest of Canada, it'll take just a bit longer, with delivery times ranging from 4-8 business days. 🚚🌎
- Questions? Concerns? Don't hesitate to reach out! Our friendly team is always here to help! 😊💬
We offer installation services in the GTA and surrounding areas! Let us take care of installing your new product so you can sit back and relax. Contact us today to learn more about our installation options.
“I was blown away by how quickly my plants arrived - just three days from the time I placed my order.”
“So happy to see that the plants were in perfect condition. I'm very impressed with the quality”
"Excellent customer service - friendly and responsive. Highly recommend!"
Happy plants, happy a
aaaaaa plants, happy garden. Guaranteed.
Worry-free gardening. Our plants thrive or we'll replace them
- Choosing a selection results in a full page refresh.
- Opens in a new window.