Comes Back Every Year
Bloodgood Japanese Maple
Trusted by Thousands
of Happy Customers
Fast & Free Shipping
on all Orders
Happy Plants, Happy Garden.
Acer palmatum 'Bloodgood' (specimen)
Bloodgood Japanese Maple
Part Sun/Shade (Less than 6 hours)
Late Fall/Early Spring
Approx. 1-2 times per week
- Striking Foliage: The Bloodgood Japanese Maple has beautiful, deeply-lobed foliage that emerges deep purple-red in the spring, turns burgundy in the summer, and then crimson in the fall. Its striking foliage provides a stunning visual appeal to any garden or landscape design.
- Attractive Form: This Japanese maple has an upright, vase-like form with a well-defined branching pattern. Its unique form makes it a standout choice as a specimen plant or as part of a mixed border.
- Low Maintenance: The Bloodgood Japanese Maple is a relatively low-maintenance tree that is easy to grow and care for. It prefers partial shade and well-drained soil and is generally pest and disease resistant.
- Watering: Keep the soil consistently moist, but not waterlogged. This means watering deeply once a week during the growing season and reducing watering in the winter.
- Maintenance: Remove any dead or damaged branches as they appear.
- Pruning: Prune any dead or damaged branches before winter sets in. Wait until early spring to prune the rest of the tree, as this will allow you to see the true shape of the tree once the leaves have fallen.
- (Optional):Fertilize: Feed the tree with a balanced fertilizer in the spring, just as the leaves start to emerge. Repeat this feeding in early summer if necessary.
Planting a trees or plants is easy! First, begin by digging a hole that's twice as wide as the root ball and just as deep. Place the tree or plant in the hole and add some bonemeal fertilizer. Backfill with fresh soil if needed and water thoroughly. Water regularly until roots are established to keep the plant healthy. Enjoy your new tree or plant!
Great news! We offer FREE delivery on ALL orders with no minimum order value! 🎉🚛 If you've pre-ordered plants or trees, don't worry! We'll send it as soon as all the items are ready to ship. If you prefer to have items arrive seprately when they are ready to be delivered, just give our team a shout and we'll send it as soon as they become available. 📦💨 We only sell pre-order products when they're at their absolute best, so you can be sure your new plants will arrive in perfect condition! 🌿👌 If you're in Ontario, your order will be at your doorstep in just 2-4 business days! If you're in Quebec, expect your order in 3-5 business days. For the rest of Canada, it'll take just a bit longer, with delivery times ranging from 4-8 business days. 🚚🌎 Questions? Concerns? Don't hesitate to reach out! Our friendly team is always here to help! 😊💬
We offer installation services in the GTA and surrounding areas! Let us take care of installing your new product so you can sit back and relax. Contact us today to learn more about our installation options.
“I was blown away by how quickly my plants arrived - just three days from the time I placed my order.”
“So happy to see that the plants were in perfect condition. I'm very impressed with the quality”
"Excellent customer service - friendly and responsive. Highly recommend!"
Happy plants, happy a
aaaaaa plants, happy garden. Guaranteed.
Worry-free gardening. Our plants thrive or we'll replace them
- Choosing a selection results in a full page refresh.
- Opens in a new window.