Comes Back Every Year
I am an August Moon Hosta, and I am best known for my dainty white bell shaped flowers, and attractive heart-shaped leaves. My medium texture allows me to blend well with any garden, and I am the perfect choice for filling out the shadier areas of your yard. I am low maintenance, thrive in all soil types and only require a bit of spring clean up before I resume my growing season in the summer. One thing to note about me is that insects and snails find me tasty, and may chew through my beautiful leaves - misting my leaves with a bug repellent such as citronella or tea tree oil does a great job at keeping me safe from these garden pests! I am happiest, healthiest, and most beautiful when I am able to enjoy the cool shade and my soil is kept moist.
Hosta August Moon
Trusted by Thousands
of Happy Customers
Fast & Free Shipping
on all Orders
Happy Plants, Happy Garden.
Hosta 'August Moon'
August Moon Plantain Lily
Part Sun/Shade (Less than 6 hours)
Late Fall/Early Spring
Approx. 1-2 times per week
- Large, bright yellow-green leaves add a pop of colour to shady areas of your garden.
- Long-lasting, lavender flowers bloom on tall stems in mid-summer, attracting pollinators like butterflies and bees.
- Drought-tolerant and low-maintenance, making it a great choice for beginner gardeners or those who want a fuss-free addition to their landscape.
- Watering: Water regularly, keeping soil consistently moist but not waterlogged. Water once to twice a week depending on the weather conditions
- Maintenance: Divide and transplant every 3-5 years to prevent overcrowding and improve overall plant vigor
- Pruning: Cut back the entire plant to ground level in late fall or early winter to prepare for the following growing season
- (Optional):Fertilize using a balanced, slow-release fertilizer in early spring, just as new growth begins to emerge. Reapply fertilizer every 4-6 weeks during the growing season to promote healthy foliage and strong root development
Planting a trees or plants is easy! First, begin by digging a hole that's twice as wide as the root ball and just as deep. Place the tree or plant in the hole and add some bonemeal fertilizer. Backfill with fresh soil if needed and water thoroughly. Water regularly until roots are established to keep the plant healthy. Enjoy your new tree or plant!
- Great news! We offer FREE delivery on ALL orders with no minimum order value! 🎉🚛
- If you've pre-ordered plants or trees, don't worry! We'll send it as soon as all the items are ready to ship. If you prefer to have items arrive seprately when they are ready to be delivered, just give our team a shout and we'll send it as soon as they become available. 📦💨
- We only sell pre-order products when they're at their absolute best, so you can be sure your new plants will arrive in perfect condition! 🌿👌
- If you're in Ontario, your order will be at your doorstep in just 2-4 business days! If you're in Quebec, expect your order in 3-5 business days. For the rest of Canada, it'll take just a bit longer, with delivery times ranging from 4-8 business days. 🚚🌎
- Questions? Concerns? Don't hesitate to reach out! Our friendly team is always here to help! 😊💬
We offer installation services in the GTA and surrounding areas! Let us take care of installing your new product so you can sit back and relax. Contact us today to learn more about our installation options.
“I was blown away by how quickly my plants arrived - just three days from the time I placed my order.”
“So happy to see that the plants were in perfect condition. I'm very impressed with the quality”
"Excellent customer service - friendly and responsive. Highly recommend!"
Happy plants, happy a
aaaaaa plants, happy garden. Guaranteed.
Worry-free gardening. Our plants thrive or we'll replace them
- Choosing a selection results in a full page refresh.
- Opens in a new window.