Comes Back Every Year
Hello, my name is Densiformus Yew. I am best known for my bright green foliage, which contrasts excellently against my dark evergreen needles and grows with a dense, wide-spreading habit. My foliage shifts to a deep forest green throughout the winter, giving your garden green detail all winter long. I am low maintenance, and can be pruned at any time depending on your style preferences. I am extremely adaptable. I will thrive in both full sun or full shade, in any type of soil or pH, and I am highly tolerant of urban pollution, so you can even plant me in an inner city environment! My requests for my perfect home are that I am never left in standing water, and I am given some extra space to spread out and grow.
Trusted by Thousands
of Happy Customers
Fast & Free Shipping
on all Orders
Happy Plants, Happy Garden.
Taxus x media 'Densiformis'
Full Sun , Partial Sun, Shade
Late Winter/Early Spring
Approx. 1-2 times per week
- Dense Yew is a slow-growing evergreen shrub with a compact and bushy growth habit, making it a great choice for hedges, borders, or as a foundation planting.
- The dark green foliage is soft to the touch and provides year-round interest to your landscape, with small, inconspicuous flowers appearing in the spring.
- This shrub is relatively low-maintenance and adaptable to a variety of soil types, making it a great option for beginner gardeners or those looking for a low-effort, yet beautiful addition to their yard.
- Watering: Water regularly to keep the soil moist, but not waterlogged. Allow the top inch of soil to dry out between waterings
- Pruning: Prune in late winter or early spring before new growth appears. Trim back new growth to maintain the desired shape and size. Remove any branches that are crossing or rubbing against each other
- (Optional):Fertilize using a slow-release, balanced fertilizer in early spring before new growth appears
Planting a trees or plants is easy! First, begin by digging a hole that's twice as wide as the root ball and just as deep. Place the tree or plant in the hole and add some bonemeal fertilizer. Backfill with fresh soil if needed and water thoroughly. Water regularly until roots are established to keep the plant healthy. Enjoy your new tree or plant!
- Great news! We offer FREE delivery on ALL orders with no minimum order value! 🎉🚛
- If you've pre-ordered plants or trees, don't worry! We'll send it as soon as all the items are ready to ship. If you prefer to have items arrive seprately when they are ready to be delivered, just give our team a shout and we'll send it as soon as they become available. 📦💨
- We only sell pre-order products when they're at their absolute best, so you can be sure your new plants will arrive in perfect condition! 🌿👌
- If you're in Ontario, your order will be at your doorstep in just 2-4 business days! If you're in Quebec, expect your order in 3-5 business days. For the rest of Canada, it'll take just a bit longer, with delivery times ranging from 4-8 business days. 🚚🌎
- Questions? Concerns? Don't hesitate to reach out! Our friendly team is always here to help! 😊💬
We offer installation services in the GTA and surrounding areas! Let us take care of installing your new product so you can sit back and relax. Contact us today to learn more about our installation options.
“I was blown away by how quickly my plants arrived - just three days from the time I placed my order.”
“So happy to see that the plants were in perfect condition. I'm very impressed with the quality”
"Excellent customer service - friendly and responsive. Highly recommend!"
Happy plants, happy a
aaaaaa plants, happy garden. Guaranteed.
Worry-free gardening. Our plants thrive or we'll replace them
- Choosing a selection results in a full page refresh.
- Opens in a new window.